Thursday, October 14, 2010

I'm giving this a try!

So, I've decided to create a blog.  I've avoided it for quite some time now and I'm not sure why.  If you know me, then you know it's not as if I don't have anything to say.  In a way I'm kicking myself that I haven't started this much sooner.  I've lived abroad for four years now so that has given me an endless supply of interesting things to write about.

I've decided to call my blog Sláinte.  It's pronounced 'slawn-cha' and it's Gaelic for cheers.  It's used as a drinking toast in Ireland and it literally translates to the word health.  In the years that I've lived in Germany I've come to discover many words for cheers (prost, salute, cin cin, jamas) but Sláinte somehow stands out to me.  I think it might have something to do with my love for all things Irish (including the beer), but I'm not exactly sure about that! 

We'll see what this blog brings.  I'm thinking that it will be an random mix of things that happen in everyday life while living abroad and the crazy thoughts that run through my mind at (what seems like) a mile a minute.  Maybe I can capture all of that and I'm hoping that it will at the very least be an entertaining read.

Enjoy!
~S

No comments:

Post a Comment